Friday, October 14, 2005

What I've learned so far...

During the projects that were chosen to present, our group (Regina Fojas, Brian Herb, Haemin Yum, and me (Benjamin Park), we discussed the daily roles of men and women. I actually got many encores for my first poem, so I had the chance to read all three! :D Everyone complimented my poems, and said they were exemplary, and that I should be a poet (bard), I felt very happy today, from hearing that because I had worked very hard.
So far, I have learned that Odysseus must have faced so much pressure. Because while researching the daily lives of men and women, the men had to find food, and fight in battles. Going and seeing people suffer, must have struck many nerves in Odysseus. He also was trapped on an island, and could never see his wife and son, Penelope and Telemachus. He must have felt so woeful, about life. And Penelope also must have faced anger and depression because she had to stay home all day, and she couldn't really do anything about the irksome suitors.
The Odyssey has somewhat given me persepctives to life. Take things for what there worth, and try to think happy and actually do something to gain happiness. Because if you never try, you will never get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home